I also had a chance to get to know awesome bloggers that came along with the Club. Although it was a tiring trip on the car, being in great company made up for the minor discomfort.
Our hosts in Baguio was Azalea Residences, a newly opened private haven in Baguio catering to families, couple retreats and for business workshops and team meetings.
Their exclusive suites were spacious and looked very much like high end condo units. They were also very clean and well equipped with everything a typical family would need in a stay there. You can cook meals and they even had a microwave for quick meals for midnight supper.
Their lobby was simple and clean, and manned by courteous and friendly staff. Beside the lobby was a cozy lounge called 8 degrees, which I found to be an interesting name.
Here are photos on Azalea Residences
The next day, we had the Digital Filipino Workshops. Day 1 focused on the different internet business models while the second morning was about the science behind digital influence.
I learned many things but here are 10 epic ideas from the workshops
- The Philippines has a young population and we need to adjust our business models to cater to them because very soon, they will drive the economy with their purchasing power.
- The Youth is the Free Generation, i.e. they expect things fast and free (at least online) so your business should definitely have a free component while you provide higher value products and services beyond the useful free content.
- Your readers/customers seek significance and the sense of belonging. Give them that and your business will prosper.
- Give your community and audience the opportunity to define your brand and business.
- Work with influencers in your niche and industry.
- We buy with emotion and justify with logic. Appeal therefore to both.
- Content marketing is all about providing epic and useful content; content that informs, inspires and that promotes positive actions.
- Understand your customer. Really, Really, Really understand them from all angles.
- Make your value proposition compelling.
- Social Media is all about relationship building. Build and cultivate your relationships.
Tour of Azalea Residences
Notable things about Azalea Residences:
1) They have a playground outside for kids. Truly children friendly.
2) They have tent facility outside where you can hold different functions, whether business or family related. It can house 250 people.
3) They have a Vacation club wherein for a lifetime membership of P220,000, you can stay there for free 7 days a year! If you’re a frequent Baguio visitor, that fee is a steal I think Plus, there are plans for Azalea Residences in Boracay. Yes, even though the places begin with B, they are A+ destinations.
4) They have CCTV cameras all over the place and roving personnel at every floor to make sure everything is secured.
So if you’re heading out to Baguio anytime soon, check out this remarkable accommodation. If you’re a Baguio newbie, and want to explore it with a trusted guide, the hotel offers personalized tours.
You can see their room rates and reserve your rooms online with instant confirmation
Also, drop by their Facebook Page to see photos and raving reviews from previous guests. Don’t forget to like it!
Here are more photos of Azalea Residences
Chilling with the Bloggers
Here are some places we visited and ate at
Once again, special thank you to Ms. Janette Toral of The Digital Filipino Club for inviting bloggers like me to join. Thank you also to Azalea Residences for the awesome accommodation and props to my fellow bloggers and to the Digital Filipino Club for making it a a great learning and fun experience